Powered by Invision Board

WTFC News
[26/06/04] Motherwell today confirmed the signing of former Newcastle midfielder Brian Kerr. Motherwell born Kerr penned a one year contract at Fir Park this afternoon.

[15/06/04] Motherwell today completed their first new signing of the summer when Irishman Richie Foran joined up on a one year contract. The striker joins us from Carlisle Utd.

[10/06/04] Club Captain Scott Leitch has signed a new one year contract. The midfielder has signed untill June 2005 on a player / coaching role!

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> WTFC SUMMER COMPETITION!, Post and Win!
Evenflow
Posted: May 31 2004, 04:08 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Okay.... Summer's here, and the lack of footie is killing us! With that in mind, WellTrust FC Forums are taking you a trip down memory lane and giving you (the site members) a chance to win some prizes.

With the Hall of Fame idea about to be made a bit more public, I want to know two things...

Who is YOUR all time FAVOURITE MFC Player (any player that has ever worn the famous Claret and Amber):

and

What is your ALL TIME greatest memory of that player (A couple of paragraphs on the thing that makes him your favourite player, the thing that distinguishes him from the rest):

All you have to do is reply to this post with your answer. The winner will be picked by our panel of judges ( :lol: :P ). The winner will be announced on the 20th June 2004.

Prizes include the Davie Cooper Tribute DVD, Joe Wark Knew Ma Father Tae Book, Scottish Cup 1991 Anniversary Strip and some more stuff!

Thanks for taking part... and I hope you enjoy your wee trip down the old Claret and Amber memory Lane

Cheers

'Flow
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahooMSN
well-army
Posted: May 31 2004, 04:25 PM
Quote Post

First Team Starter

Group: Members
Member No.: 30

Favourite Player: is Colin 'PSYCHO' O' Neil

Favouite memory:Was the wonder strike against Celtic in the Scottish Cup semi final replay back in 1991. I was there with my uncle and when he scored i couldn't find him for 10 Minutes due to the surge from the crowd.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
weegie-well-fan
Posted: May 31 2004, 04:52 PM
Quote Post

Breaking in to the U-21

Member No.: 34

Favourite player:- Stevie Kirk ( for 1 reason ) :worship:

Favourite memory:- 91 cup final, stevies goal in extra time - pure and simply because it was the best day of my life as a Well fan. not a spectacular goal, just the best memories !!!!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
PMEmail Poster
Wonder_Boy
Posted: May 31 2004, 04:56 PM
Quote Post

Breaking in to the U-21

Member No.: 202

Favourite Player - the late great Davie Cooper

Favourite Memory - When I was three, the night before the '91 cup semi against Celtic, the team were staying in the Popinjay hotel across from my house, so me, my mum and dad went in, and the great man was sitting there, but because I had my well top on, he stopped eating and spoke to me, I can barely remember it but I was on the great mans knee talking to him about the game and because of him doing that for me and being the great man he was, he is my favourite player and is greatly missed by me and all football fans!!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :cheers: :cheers: :D :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
Evenflow
Posted: May 31 2004, 05:37 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Although I can't win... I will add mine anyway!

Favourite Player - James McFadden

Favourite "Faddy" Memory: Despite being privileged to see a number of great players whilst watching the 'Well (Dougie, Cobra, Coop), my favourite is James McFadden.

I was only about 9 or 10, so not able to fully appreciate the ability of Cooper, but can remember the wonderfulness (is that a word :huh: ) of Faddy. A player with such a talent, that I would love to see go on to be a Scottish Legend.

Two memories of Faddy that will always stick in mind. One was the Aberdeen game at the end of last season. We were "officially" relegated in that we could no longer catch Dundee Utd in 11th. Faddy sunk to his knees in tears whilst the rest of the players walked off. Not questioning their commitment, but I could see just how gutted Faddy was. I think he felt it more than most cause the expectation was on him to carry the team so to speak!

(IMG:http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/vsite/vimagesite/images/jpg/0,11410,4566-0-35243-0-custom90536,00.jpg)
Faddy Gutted after Aberdeen Game

The second, and my favourite.... was Livingston in the last game of last season. After a quiet first half, Faddy burst into action in the second. Two quick goals had the fans chanting to the on-looking Berti Vogts. Captain Martyn Corrigan was replaced and handed the band to an ultra happy (and even more proud) James McFadden. Big smile on his coupon. Long ball fae the back finds Faddy on the half way line. Turns... beats three players on his mazy run before drilling the ball past Alan Main to make it a Hat-rick in a 6-2 win. I celebrated the goal more than most cause I was just so happy for him.

(IMG:http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/vsite/vimagesite/images/jpg/0,11410,4566-0-35721-0-custom91194,00.jpg)
Captain Faddy goes on a run

What a player was OUR James. Faddy... A Motherwell FC LEGEND!

'Flow
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahooMSN
joeboy_91
Posted: May 31 2004, 06:09 PM
Quote Post

Breaking in to the U-21

Member No.: 10

My favourite all-time player:Martyn Corrigan

Favourite Memory:- I have two favourite memories. One when he backheeled the ball through Stevie Crawford's legs up at the doormat. And of course his run from 18 yard line to just get tackled and win a corner against Dundee september '02
Rickoza
Posted: May 31 2004, 07:07 PM
Quote Post

Getting noticed by the media

Member No.: 28

:worship: Favourite Player - Tommy Coyne

Reasons - The man was genious. So many times when nothing was on he'd turn the game. I recall the Well team having a stinker at Hampden against Celtic when they played their league games there. In comes a cross, spins high off TC's shoulder and lands just in front of him. Whilst others dithered, he deftly clipped the ball over their keeper and into the ne from the edge of the six-yard box. Up at Pittodrie, whilst other strikers would have hidden given the misses TC had that game, he turns on a sixpence 20 yards out and chips their keeper who was less than six yards off his line! Such a more modest, honest man you could never meet, he always had time for Well fans and took time out whilst at Dundee to take the Player of the Year award from Motherwellfc.org pre-match. TC will always be held in high esteem by us all, but for me, I doubt we will ever see as clever and quick-thinking a striker ever again.
PMEmail Poster
well-made
Posted: May 31 2004, 09:01 PM
Quote Post

Talk of a Scotland call up

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 29

Favourite Player Dougie Arnott

Reason Father-in-law lent me his Bond ticket for Ipox and after Rangers taken the lead Dougie went onto run riot around the Rnagers defence and we won 2-1. As I was in the Club Deck I couldn't even cheer or shout and had to wait until I was in a pub on the way home that I could start having a celebration and saluting DDOOUUGGGIIIEEE!!!
wellcrazy
Posted: May 31 2004, 09:12 PM
Quote Post

YTS Contract

Member No.: 220

fave well player - phil o'donnell

favourite memory - phil is a fantastic player and not one single memory can single out how brilliant he is. of course the goal he scored for us in the 91 final was amazing - the bravery and courage as he just pushed himself forward for Motherwell, but he is an all round great guy.
How many times on 18th May 1991 did our Phil run up and down the length of that pitch? How hard did he try? How much did he want to win? Nothing more could have been asked of that man on that day or any day after. He is one that started at MOtherwell in the Boys club and worked his way up, showing his dedication and committment. Not only that, but coming back to us years later made me love him even more.
Quite simply Phil O'Donnell is a classy player, fantastic guy, dedicated well midfielder - the ultimate legend. :worship:
PMEmail PosterMSN
DosserJoe
Posted: May 31 2004, 10:44 PM
Quote Post

Youth Team Contract

Member No.: 46

Favorite Player: Michael Doesburg

Favorite Memory: Game at parkhead when he stood in as an auxilliary centre half, halfed Larsson after about 5mins and got stretchered off, right up the tunnel! Refused to give in, re-emerged to get his revenge on the gypo. Doesie got stretchered off again twice in the process of halfing Larsson again. We would have secured a glorious nil nil that match if Don Goodman hadn't gave away a PK in the last 10mins. Doesburg wasn't the most tallented player, but he was by far the most commited foreigner I have seen in Scotland, never mind a 'Well jersey!

Other favorite Doesburg memory was sitting in the Scotland end in Amsterdam last year for the play off, some Dutch guy wearing a SeeYouJimmy Bunnet was sittin on ma seat :angry: Before I could blow ma lid, he spotted I had a "Jack Daniels Motherwell" top on, and politley asked me if I was a 'Well fan, to which I responded yes. Turns out the geezer was Doesburg's best pal and had been to Fir Park hunners of times and, along with his Scottish ancestors, his love for Scotland had grown due to his involvment with our own Motherwell! Class!
PMEmail Poster
Al B
Posted: Jun 1 2004, 10:36 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 141

Decided to stay away from the obvious, and go for a choice that means something to me personally.

Favourite player:- Martyn Corrigan.

My first memory of Martyn was playing for my primary school against his, and luckily enough we both, along with a few other guys, played well enough while representing our schools that we landed a trial with our local boys club at under 10 level. We were a pretty sucessful team, and later, when we went to high school, we were part of a core of 5 or 6 guys in our year who all played together for the school team and the same boys club right up to Under 19's.

I remember a few of us all gathered round a telly to watch him play for Falkirk against Rangers at Ibrox in the cup, and we were all really proud to see that one of us had made it as a pro, but when I got an early tip off that he was being looked at by the mighty 'well, I was probably more excited than he was!!

He genuinely cares what the fans think of him, and once made me promise that I would always tell him the 100% truth what they thought of him. But is also extremely humble, to the point where he chooses not to talk about football at all....even when he's scored!!

The feeling I get watching him play in Claret and Amber is the closest i'll ever have to playing for Motherwell myself, and I suppose in a way im living my dream through him. It makes me very proud to say that I was a friend and team mate of the best defender in the country, and even more proud to see him doing it for the club I love.

That is why he is my favourite ever Motherwell player.

:cheers:
Bones.
PMEmail Poster
bongo
Posted: Jun 1 2004, 12:17 PM
Quote Post

YTS Contract

Member No.: 19

Favourite Player - Tommy Coyne

Favourite Moment - Few fav's. His 3rd goal in a 4-2 win at Rugby Park. Peach of a chip over Dragutin Leckovic. Also one of the 2 against Celtic at Hampden in 2-2 draw after we were 2-0 down. Back to goal inside the box. Ball came to him at height and he turned and hooked it into the opposite corner in one movement. (Also in this game Willie Falconer scored a cracker against us if anyone remembers it.) (Just realised I think this may be one of the ones Rickoza is referring to after reading everyone elses posts).

Also remember him skelping Gorams left hand post in front of the Cooper stand from 30 yards. Goram never got near it (think he might not even have jumped to save it).

TC was class.
PMEmail Poster
fatcalf
Posted: Jun 1 2004, 12:30 PM
Quote Post

WellTrust F.C Gaffer

Member No.: 17

nearly 40 years of watching Motherwell and you want one favourite player and one favourite moment? Nae chance ;)
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Yabba's Turd
Posted: Jun 1 2004, 12:48 PM
Quote Post

WTFC Asst. Manager

Member No.: 6

Favourite Player : - Joe Wark

Reason - I would reckon that if fanzines were around and Joe didnae sign for 'Well then we'd be reading 'Those were the days' The no' too bad Motherwell fanzine named efter a Mary Hopkins song! Joe played nearly 500 1st team games for Motherwell and played every position along the way,his timing in the tackle was brilliant to say the least.Joe finished playing when I was 13,so he never had a bad game,never got booked or subbed. Oh aye,and my father knows him tae. :thumbsup:

However,us aulder yins (me) and REALLY aulder yins (fatcalf) have hunners of favourites memories,Alfie Conn's chip,Stevie Cormack's net buster,Kirkie's penalty save,John Phillaben at tannadice,Tommy Coyne's back heel volley v's Dunfermline or the 1st time lob v's Hibs,Cooper and Anton,O'Neil and Grant :naughty:
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Al B
Posted: Jun 1 2004, 03:02 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 141

QUOTE (Yabba's Turd @ Jun 1 2004, 12:48 PM)
Tommy Coyne's back heel volley v's Dunfermline

Was that the one round about 96/97ish, away at East End Park on the first day of the season?

Bones.
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.3029 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

© 2003 Original Skin & Graphics NFH in Britain

雪茄| 雪茄烟网购/雪茄网购| 雪茄专卖店| 古巴雪茄专卖网| 古巴雪茄价格| 雪茄价格| 雪茄怎么抽| 雪茄吧| 雪茄哪里买| 雪茄海淘| 古巴雪茄品牌| 推荐一个卖雪茄的网站| 非古雪茄| SO站| 港水雪茄 帕特加斯d4 大卫杜夫雪茄 高希霸雪茄 蒙特雪茄 好友雪茄

古巴雪茄品牌| 非古雪茄品牌

Tomtop

IT Support| POS label| System Integration| Software development| label printing| QR code scanner| wms| vending machine| barcode scanner| SME IT| it solution| rfid tag| rfid| rfid reader| it outsourcing| IRLS| inventory management system| digital labelling| barcode label| Self Service Kiosk| Kiosk| Voice Picking| POS scanner| POS printer| System Integrator| printing labels| Denso| inventory management| warehouse management| Business service| vending| mobile app development| terminal handheld| printer hong kong| thermal printer| thermal label printer| mdm| mobile solutions| mdm solutions| mobile device management

banner| Backdrop| Bannershop| Ebanner| Eprint| foamboard| hk print| hong kong printing| Printing| backdrop| print100

Addmotor electric bike shop

Beauties' Secret cosmetic and skincare

DecorCollection European design furniture| sofa hk| sofas| beds| coffee tables| dining tables| dining chairs| sideboards| furniture hk| Cattelan Italia| Koinor

Grade A Office| Office for lease / office leasing| Office building| Commercial Building| Office for sale| Hong Kong Office Rental / Rent Office

Hong Kong Grade A Office Rental

Jardine House| Admiralty Centre| One Island East| One Kowloon| The Center| World Wide House| United Centre| Exchange Square| Ocean Centre| Lippo Centre

Wycombe Abbey| private school hong kong| English primary school Hong Kong| primary education| top schools in Hong Kong| best international schools hong kong| best primary schools in hong kong| school day| boarding school Hong Kong| Wycombe Abbey School

edm| Mailchimp| Hubspot| Sendinblue| ActiveCampaign| SMS

xiaomi m365| XT175| xiaomi Roborock S50| Wltoys| VISUO XS812| Vernee T3 Pro| Ulefone Power 5| SJCAM SJ8 PRO| Rowin WS-20| MXQ PRO| MJX Bugs 5W| JJPRO X5| hubsan h501s x4| hohem isteady pro| Feiyu Tech G6| Bugs 5W| anet a8 3d printer review| andoer| amazfit bip| Viltrox EF-M2| Tronxy X5S| SONOFF| LEMFO LEM8| lemfo lem4 pro| LEMFO| koogeek| Hubsan| Creality Ender 3| ammoon